Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just a Touch... :)

July 11th, 2009... I woke up in the morning and I could not take my eyes off the phone.. All I could think of was - 'When am I gonna receive that call' ... and finally the tone that I had set for my dad rang at around 11.00 AM.. I was excited..nervous...anxious.. and above all.. THRILLED.. !!

He asked me to pack my bags and come to Chennai and said nothing more.. !! .. I was stumped.. I expected more out of him.. n as I tried reaching my brother in law, my mother and out of desparation.. even my sister.. !!!.. but - No Luck.. none answered.

Mixed feelings, I managed to board my bus and reached Chennai at around 8. Unable to control my urge, I called my uncle and asked him - 'Where is my sis?'.. and all He could give out was the hospital name...

I rushed to the hospital and enquired at the reception.. (as all my call attempts never made any difference in the result..).. I was directed to room 603.. and as I entered the floor my dad and my brother in law were waiting outside..

I was super furious for such acts of them.. (not answering the phone when its most needed)... and I was about to enter the room... My dad said.. 'Your shoes..'

I removed them and walked inside to see - 'The most cutest sight ever seen in my life - My Little bundle of Joy - My nephew' he was not sleeping and neither he knew what he was doing... but as he waved his hands and legs oin his own rhythm, an occasional touch or kick onto my palm.. ' all my anger went away and I said to myself.. 'I would give my life to protect this darling... ' and kissed my sister on her forehead... and that was the time in my life that I knew... People can cry even when they are happy.. !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home